Cross Park Church is looking for a half- to full-time Worship Director to lead congregational worship each Sunday. As the church fulfills its mission to proclaim Christ to South Charlotte and the world, the Worship Director will play an important role in preparing and managing all aspects of the weekly worship service in a way that seeks to glorify God and engage Christians. Interested? Send your resume to email@example.com.
Duties of the Role
- Oversee all aspects of worship at Cross Park Church, including music selection, arrangement and writing (as applicable), planning the order of service and liturgy, laying out the bulletin, worship team coordination and rehearsals. This also includes occasional special events/services like installation, ordination, funerals, church retreats and outreach events.
- Foster the worship team’s musical and spiritual development through leadership and mentorship.
- Develop the annual worship budget, and run the worship ministry within the approved budget.
- Mobilize, equip, and guide the worship and sound team volunteers, including worship intern (if applicable).
- Coordinate and/or participate in meetings with the worship team, the church staff, and the Senior Pastor. Be an active member of the church and leadership team.
- Minimum 20 hours/week with priority given to duties related to organization of the worship service with desire for this to become a long term, full time position.
Character of the Role
- Male with experience leading church or parachurch worship in a blended style, including but not limited to praise songs, classic hymns with contemporary arrangements, and worship music from other (nonwestern civ) cultures.
- Spiritual/theological maturity with minimal exceptions to the Westminster standards.
- Ability to work well with the Pastors, complementing the style of their ministries in the worship service.
- Desire to establish and enhance how the congregation worships at Cross Park.
- Agreement with the vision of Cross Park Church, desiring to live in/near South Charlotte, and be a part of the community of Cross Park Church (including membership at Cross Park).
- Knowledge of and interest in evolving nature of contemporary worship styles and trends.
- Excellent musicianship -- guitar or piano/keyboard player (guitar preferred).
- Ability to read/write sheet music preferred.
- Strong vocal singing ability with an ability to hold the attention of and guide congregants through the worship service.
- Ability to engage with technological resources necessary to the worship ministry (e.g., mp3 recording, sound equipment, facile with computer/web technology).
About Cross Park Church
Located in the thriving city of Charlotte, Cross Park Church is a member of the Presbyterian Church in America
(PCA) and was planted in 2011. Central to our mission is Colossians 1:28 - Him We Proclaim. Cross Park seeks to
be a church that honors Christ above all else, faithfully caring for and serving one another and offering the good
news of God’s grace and love to our community and to the world.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and a music sample (if you have one available) to Jared Meisel at firstname.lastname@example.org.